I love what I do. It’s an amazing experience to have a patient look at me and say ‘How did you do that!’ or ‘I have had that pain for years and just when I was about to give up, you fixed it!’ These types of responses from my patient are my daily work life. No wonder I love it!
Please note: From 25/March/2018, for marketing purpose we will operate under two separate brands. Rick will assume the role of mentor to the team and supervise final year student from University of Queensland for Pain Free. If you wish to consult Rick for his treatment, please refer to (Rick’s new website) or speak to our team. Please rest assured that Rick is still available for consultation and still continues to mentor all our physiotherapists to keep everyone at high standard.
Rick’s goals are to provide clients with
- Fast pain relief for 90% conditions;
- Dramatic improvement within 60~120 minutes of treatment;
- Holistic & thorough assessment not experienced elsewhere.
Rick’s approach is different to mainstream treatment in
- The “cause” of condition is usually away from the “area” of pain
- Once the “cause” is identified and treated, there is usually widespread dramatic improvement throughout the body
- The speed of recovery is much more rapid than other mainstream treatments
Guarantee: Rick guarantees that if he cannot fix a client’s problem after a course of treatment then he will pay the client to see any other physiotherapist of the client’s choice.
Rick is the Expert Principal Physiotherapist who established Pain Free Physiotherapy & Allied Health in 2004. He graduated from the University of Queensland with a bachelor degree in 1999 and completed his specialty Master degree in Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy in 2003. There are only 5% of physiotherapists in Australia who can use the title APA Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist, and Rick is one of them.
Rick has also been accredited the “certified practitioner” status by four internationally reputable schools (Mulligan Concept, Ridgway Method, Trigenics and Neuro-Lingustic Programming).You will find very few, if any, physiotherapists with multiple qualifications like Rick’s.
Rick dedicates his career on solving stubborn complex conditions that other doctors or practitioners couldn’t help. In 90% of the time, Rick treats an area that is remote to the area of pain. This is very different to the mainstream treatments. The result following Rick’s approach is usually instant and dramatic once the “cause” is identified and treated.
Another area of Rick’s special interest is in preventing unnecessary surgery and medication. Surgery is often irreversible and should only be the last resort. Anyone who considers having surgery should try Rick’s special treatment method before making the decision.
To further advance his clinical skills, Rick enjoys attending workshops and seminars learning different treatment methods. Every year Rick would obtain over 200 hours of continuing education points compared to the mandatory standard of 16 hours set by the Australian Physiotherapy Association.
In a nutshell, Rick’s special interests are
- Solving stubborn complex conditions and creating dramatic improvements;
- Promoting and educating the physiotherapy industry with the latest treatment approaches;
- Learning, teaching and integrating various schools of manual therapy.
Rick thrives on solving complex spinal related conditions, including many clients who have been to multiple practitioners and had been told there was no solution for their problems. Rick believes the contemporary medical model that focuses on local treatment is not enough to address the complex human body. He advocates a holistic approach combining both the western and eastern medicine to resolve the “cause” of problems rather than treating just the symptoms.
Rick has been invited on many occasions to deliver workshops by hospitals and the Physical Therapy Association of Taiwan. He is highly recognised for his contribution mentoring physiotherapists both in Taiwan and Australia. Don’t be surprised to see many physiotherapists or physio students seeking Rick’s mentorship when you visit the clinic at Pain Free Physiotherapy Sunnybank.
Highlight of Teaching & Achievement:
- Awarded the Daniel Hamilton Prize for achieving the highest pass in Human Anatomy and Physiology at the University of Queensland
- Nominated for the Helen Rigby Prize for the best essay in Patient Care
- Graduated from the University of Queensland with Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- Clinical Educator for final year physiotherapy students for National Taiwan University, National Yang Ming University and Kaohsiung University in Taiwan
- Graduated from the University of Queensland with Master of Physiotherapy (Manipulative)
- Published “Effects of Pain and Injury of Musculoskeletal System on Motor Control: Implications for Physiotherapy. FJPT 2003; 28(5):251-257
- Presented half day course to physiotherapists on the topic of “Cervicogenic Headache”.
- Presented two day course to physiotherapists on the topic of “Clinical Pattern Recognition for the Shoulder”
- Presented two day course to physiotherapists on the topic of “Clinical Pattern Recognition for the Lumbar Spine”
- Awarded the Certified Mulligan Practitioner (CMP) by Brian Mulligan, F.N.Z.S.P. (Hon), Dip. M.T. the founder of the Mulligan Concept.
- Award the Ridgway Method Certified Practitioner (RMCP) by Michael Ridgway RMCE, MPhty(manipulative), the founder of Ridgway Institute International
- Awarded the Registered Trigenics Practitioner (RTP) by Dr Alan Austin (DO, DC, MND, CCSP, CCRD, RTCMP, CFIS, PhD), the founder of Trigenics Institute of Myoneural Medicine & Functional Neurology
- Presented one-day manual therapy course with a focus on Mulligan Approach
- Assisted Michael Ridgway, the founder of Ridgway Institute International, in four-day Ridgway Method Paradigm in National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan.
- Accredited to teach the four-day Ridgway Method Paradigm in National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan.
- Accredited to be the Clinical Educator for the Physiotherapy Department, the University of Queensland
- Awarded Practitioner, Master Practitioner, and Trainer in Neuro-Linguistic Program (NLP) by the world-leading NLP Master Trainers Dr Tad James and Dr Adriana James.
Rick是專家首席物理治療師，於2004年成立了Pain Free 康復物理治療中心。他畢業於澳洲昆士蘭大學，於1999年獲得了學士學位，於2003年完成肌骨專科物理治療碩士學位。Rick是三個國際著名學派（Mulligan，RIDGWAY，Trigenics）的認證治療師
저는 제 일을 사랑합니다. 환자들이 저를 보며 "어떻게 낫게 한 거지요"라거나 "통증으로 몇 년간 고생해서 치료를 포기하려 했는데 그걸 낫게 하다니요!"라고 말한다는 건 굉장한 경험이 아닐 수 없습니다. 환자들에게 그런 말을 듣는 것이 제 일상입니다. 당연히 너무 기쁘지요!
환자분들께 다음과 같은 서비스를 제공하겠습니다.
- 90퍼센트의 질환에 대해 즉각적인 통증 완화
- 3-5번 치료 후 극적인 개선 효과
- 다른 곳에서는 경험해보지 못 한 종합적이고도 정밀한 검사
릭 챵 전문 수석 물리치료사는 2004년 Pain Free Physio를 설립했습니다. 1999년에 퀸즐랜드 대학교를 졸업했으며 2003년에 근골격 물리치료 석사과정을 수료했습니다. 국제적으로 알려진 수기 치료 학교 세 군데(멀리건 컨셉, 리지웨이 메소드, 트라이제닉스)에서 "공인 물리치료사" 자격을 취득했습니다.
- 특히 척추와 관련된 복합적인 질환 치료하기
- 최신 치료 방법을 물리치료 업계에 알리기
- 다양한 수기치료 학교에서 배우고 배운 것을 종합하기
릭 챵 전문 수석 물리치료사는 복잡한 척추 관련 질환을 치료하는데 뛰어나서 많은 물리치료사들을 만나 봤지만 뾰족한 수가 없다는 말을 들을 환자분들이 주로 릭 챵 전문 수석 물리치료사를 찾습니다. 지엽적인 치료에 집중하는 현대 의학은 복잡한 인간의 신체를 다루기에는 부족하다는 입장을 갖고 있습니다. 그저 증상만을 치료하기 보다는 문제의 원인을 알아내기 위해 양방과 한방을 합친 종합적인 치료법을 선호합니다.
경력 병원과 대만 물리치료 협회의 초청을 받아 여러 차례 워크샵을 열었습니다. 대만과 호주의 물리치료사들에게 열성적으로 맨토링을 해주는 것으로 유명합니다. 여러분이 Pain Free Physio를 찾았을 때 많은 물리치료사들와 물리치료 전공 학생들이 릭 챵 전문 수석 물리치료사를 찾아 조언을 구하는 모습을 보더라도 놀라지 마십시오.